HZ-20 Thermoelectric Module
Uses Bismuth Telluride Based Semiconductors
Solid State Conversion of Heat To Electricity
Generate a highly reliable source of electrical power from any source of heat. For these and other applications:
- Convert any source of heat to a reliable supply of electrical power in remote locations.
- Convert heat from the combustion of hydrocarbon fuels to electricity creating a reliable power supply for remote unmanned stations.
- Cathodic Protection
SELF POWERED DEVICES
- Water Heaters
- Vehicle Engine Heaters
WASTE HEAT RECOVERY
- Engine exhaust powered Alternator Replacement
- Industrial operations such as cement plants, refineries, glass manufacturing, foundries etc…
- Flare Gas
- Wood Burning Stoves
- Solar Salt Ponds
- Solar Concentrators
THE HZ-20 THERMOELECTRIC MODULE
The HZ-20 module consists of 71 thermocouples arranged electrically in series and thermally in parallel. The thermocouples consists of Bridgeman Cast, Bismuth Telluride based, semiconductors to give the highest efficiency at most waste heat temperatures as well as high strength capable of enduring rugged applications. The bonded metal conductors enable the HZ-20 module to operate continuously at temperatures as high as 250°C (480 F) and intermittently as high as 400°C (750 F) without degrading the module.
While the HZ-20 is well suited for waste heat recovery it’s reversible properties make it ideal as a thermoelectric cooler, especially for high temperature applications where sensitive electronic equipment must be cooled to below the ambient temperatures.
- DC-DC Converter
– input 1.5V – 15V
– output 15V (adjustable)
– 30 Watts
- Heat Sink
– Fan Cooled
– Free Convection
– Water Cooled
- Heat Transfer Grease
- Ceramic, Electrically Insulating Wafers
- Silicone, thermally conductive pads.